Jaap Vossers' SharePoint Blog

Just another WordPress.com site

Hyperlinks with target=”_blank” inside SharePoint 2013 ClientWebPart blocked in Chrome

leave a comment »

Recently I have been playing a bit with the new SharePoint 2013 App model. I was using the new Napa tools to develop a little App that could be be hosted in an App Part, also known as ClientWebPart, which is essentially an iframe which loads your App.

My App consisted of an ASPX page with a bunch of hyperlinks with target=”_blank” on them. I noticed that when the ASPX page was loaded by the ClientWebPart in its iframe, the hyperlinks wouldn’t work at all in Chrome (Firefox and IE were fine!). I started inspecting the DOM and noticed a “sandbox” attribute on the iframe element.

The sandbox attribute rendered on the ClientWebPart iframe contains the following four options:

  • allow-forms
  • allow-scripts
  • allow-same-origin
  • allow-top-navigation

After a bit of research, I found that adding the “allow-popups” option unblocks the hyperlinks.

I would say that this is a bug in the ClientWebPart, as Chrome appears to be the only browser affected. Let’s hope this will be fixed soon! In the meantime, consider using target=”_top” as an alternative, as this does work.

Written by jvossers

August 28, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: